The 5 selected startups
Five start-ups get the opportunity to go on a trip to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley in June 2018. The following Artificial Intellingence (AI) and big data focused entrepreneurs will take part in the BootstrapLabs summer BootCamp:
- Algoreg is a state-of-the-art suite of anti-money laundering solutions designed for regulated businesses such as banks, investment funds, insurance companies or payment service providers. Their solutions help businesses to transform the way they engage customers digitally, reduce financial fraud losses and comply with AML regulations.
- Travelsify: By analysing more than 200 million travel and expert reviews, Travelsify has extracted 34 key Hotel DNA attributes that matter to travelers when booking hotels: cosy, spacious, stylish, bright, gourmet, views, vintage, classic, zen, nightlife, luxury, design, etc. To reflect the cultural variances in hotel perception, Travelsify has created the Geo-targeted Hotel DNA per country for more precise and trustworthy data. Travelers can now reliably search and compare hotels worldwide to find the experience they want.
- Yotako helps developers to go faster from design to code thanks to an innovative technology that extracts the knowledge embedded in the design and transforms it into customisable ready-to-use code.
- Tetrao is a technology start-up company specialised in internet intelligent process automation. It provides professional automation services to help companies reach their business goals for different use cases such as lead generation, lead qualification, market study, business intelligence, social media, data checking, data consolidation, information system integration, back office processes (FinTech, legal, accounting, etc.), automated customer services and more.
- Nomoko developed a solution to automatically create “artificial reality”: photo-realistic 3D models with integrated metadata such as object recognition, materials and physics – in short, a digital copy of reality. Technologically, this is made possible by the Nomoko Camera and the Nomoko 3D Software. Nomoko develops a compact, ultra-high resolution camera (1,500 megapixels) and a tailored 3D modelling pipeline capable of processing petabytes of data and eventually enhance the models with intelligence.
BootstrapLabs summer BootCamp
The group of start-ups will head over to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley where they will attend a summer school programme at a VC called BootstrapLabs. It is a leading venture capital (VC) firm based in the Silicon Valley that focuses on Applied Artificial Intelligence. BootstrapLabs tracks innovation around the globe and each year connects with over 1,000 founders from 60 countries. The one-week summer BootCamp includes master classes and workshops with different VCs and coporates such as Intel and IBM as well as with renowned authors, mentors and product designers.
In addition to the intense summer school programme, the start-ups will have the opportunity to participate in events at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, Impact USA, the Female Founders Pitch at Google and the Luxembourg national day reception at the Luxembourg Trade and Investment Office (LTIO) San Francisco. Stefan Berend, Head of Start-ups Support, states: “I think the trip to the Silicon Valley and the BootCamp will be an inspiring learning experience for our Luxembourg start-ups, but it also has a clear focus on the product market fit and on challenging the start-ups’ scale-up approaches.”
A stop over at the East coast for the Luxinnovation start-up team
Stefan Berend, Head of Start-up Support, and Valentin Rongoni, Advisor for Start-up Support, will not only accompany the 5 start-ups to the Silicon Valley but will also visit the East coast of the United States, including the LTIO New York where they will meet a series of prominent start-up players like the Founder Institute, ICONYC labs and the Venture City. An event and meeting schedule has been set up by the LTIO New York to attain a maximum of valuable contacts. “We are looking forward to discover the New York start-up ecosystem and we hope to make some useful connections for future partnerships between Luxembourg and New York.”, explains Valentin Rongoni.
Stay tuned for more stories about the trip to the US! Follow the hashtag #startupLUgoesUS to get the latest updates on Twitter.
Luxinnovation’s start-up team can provide you with the right information on Luxembourg’s attractive business environment for innovative companies. Our services include individual support to set up a business plan, to create the company and to find private and public funding. We also provide pitching advice and training to help you turn opportunities into success.
Luxinnovation contributes to the economic development of Luxembourg by fostering innovation, fuelling international growth and attracting foreign direct investment and is supported by: Ministry of the Economy, Ministry for Higher Education and Research, Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, Luxembourg Chamber of Skilled Crafts and FEDIL – The Voice of Luxembourg’s Industry.