FëschmaartText by Visit Luxembourg

Formerly the crossroads of two Roman roads, the “Fëschmaart” is part of the istoric centre of the old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The first markets were held on the forecourt of the Counts Castle over 1000 years ago. The narrow streets were a hub economic and social activity.  Today, the “Fëschmaart” is home to the National Museum of History and Art (Musée National d’Histoire et d’Art – MNHA), the seat of the State Council and St. Michael’s church, which is over a thousand years old.

Photo: © Alfonso Salgueiro/LFT