Despite lingering macroeconomic uncertainty stemming from the Covid-19 crisis, Luxembourg’s financial center weathered 2021 well. Employment continued to grow, AuM rose to record highs, and Luxembourg continues to be the leading ESG fund hub.
- 77 new entities authorized by the financial regulator;
- Luxembourg investment fund Assets under Management (AuM) reach USD 6.000 billion, a 18% increase year-on-year;
- Employment in financial and insurance activities increased by 3% from Q2 2020 to Q2 2021, reaching 51.623;
- Luxembourg-domiciled ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) funds account for 44% of European ESG AuM;
- 1.234 sustainable bonds were listed on the Luxembourg Green Exchange at end December 2021, up 47% year-on-year, amounting to a total of USD 705 billion;
- Private banking assets continued on their upwards trajectory, reaching USD 560 billion, up 9% on the previous year.